12th Sector Report Post (2021): Competition with new momentum!
Sector Report of the Monopolies Commission pursuant to § 44 of the Postal Services Act in conjunction with § 195 (2) and (3) of the Telecommunications Act, December 16, 2021
- Deutsche Post AG continues to have a strong position in most postal markets.
- The German Postal Act needs a fundamental reform.
- Amazon enhances competition in the parcel market, yet it should be monitored due to its ability as a platform operator to leverage market power.
Special Report 82: Recommendations for an effective and efficient Digital Markets Act
Special Report of the Monopolies Commission pursuant to § 44 (1) (4) ARC, October 5, 2021
- Clearly orientating the DMA towards digital ecosystems.
- Allowing regulatory exemptions which have clear benefits for consumers.
- Prohibiting self-preferencing practices more comprehensively.
8th Sector Report Energy (2021): Opportunities for competition for electricity exchanges, electric vehicle charging and hydrogen infrastructure
Sector Report on German energy markets pursuant to § 62 of the Law on the Energy Industry, September 1, 2021
- Competitive prices at charging points require customers to have a choice.
- Flexibly regulating new hydrogen networks and preventing cross-subsidization.
- Eliminating monopolistic structures to foster competition among power exchanges.