11th Sector Report Post (2019): The amendment to the Postal Act: New opportunities for competition
Sector Report pursuant to Sec. 44 of the Postal Services Act, Bonn, 3 December 2019
- Competition on the letter market remains insufficient, while it is intensifying on the parcel market
- Control of abuse of dominance on the letter market should be intensified
- Consumer protection is to be strengthened by improving the approval procedure for letter postage and by introducing binding conciliation procedures
11th Sector Report Telecommunications (2019): Staatliches Augenmaß beim Netzausbau
Sector Report pursuant to Sec. 121(2) of the German Telecommunications Act, Bonn, 3 December 2019
The Monopolies Commission has published its 11th Sector Report on the telecommunications markets. An English translation of the press relesase will be available soon.
The following documents are now available for download:
Policy Brief of the Monopolies Commission on the government draft of the Fair Health Insurance Competition Act
Policy Brief | Issue 3 | 21 November 2019
Today the Monopolies Commission presents its third policy brief. It deals with the government draft of the Fair Health Insurance Competition Act and its effects on the development of competition in statutory health insurance.
- The draft of the Fair Health Insurance Competition Act is to be welcomed and strengthens the competitive conditions in statutory health insurance in several aspects.
- However, competition for the best health care can only really unfold if the next step is an improved legal framework for individual services offered by the health insurance funds.
- Insurers who invest in the health of their policyholders are currently not paid equivalent compensation for this. The existing draft law should also include an evaluation mandate to take the incidence rate into account in risk structure compensation.
Download Policy Brief (in German language only)