Special Report 82: Recommendations for an effective and efficient Digital Markets Act
Special Report of the Monopolies Commission pursuant to § 44 (1) (4) ARC, October 5, 2021
- Clearly orientating the DMA towards digital ecosystems.
- Allowing regulatory exemptions which have clear benefits for consumers.
- Prohibiting self-preferencing practices more comprehensively.
8th Sector Report Energy (2021): Opportunities for competition for electricity exchanges, electric vehicle charging and hydrogen infrastructure
Sector Report on German energy markets pursuant to § 62 of the Law on the Energy Industry, September 1, 2021
- Competitive prices at charging points require customers to have a choice.
- Flexibly regulating new hydrogen networks and preventing cross-subsidization.
- Eliminating monopolistic structures to foster competition among power exchanges.
8th Sector Report Railways (2021): “Competition on the rail!“
Sector Report on German railway markets pursuant to Sec. 78 of the Railway Regulation Act, July 21, 2021
- The planned equity increase by the Federal Government in favour of the Deutsche Bahn Group may distort competition in the railway sector. It would be better to support rail infrastructure through investment grants or infrastructure cost subsidies.
- A competitive tender or concession model promotes competition in the "Deutschlandtakt" and can contribute to an increase in railway traffic.
- Digitalisation offers opportunities for the railway sector. Access to real-time mobility data will make competitive sales offers more attractive and would increase their use.