Telecommunications 2015: Markets in Transition
Special Report pursuant to Sec. 121(2) of the German Telecommunications Act, Bonn, 7 December 2015
- The dynamic development of competition on the retail markets of telecommunications continues. The regulation of the vast majority of intermediate consumption remains indispensable.
- Vectoring in the vicinity of the main distribution frames will accelerate the expansion of high-performance broadband networks. A technological monopoly of a single provider should be prevented.
- Competitive pressure from innovative Over-The-Top services such as Skype or WhatsApp to be considered in regulatory decision making.
Special Report on the reform of the German Competition Act
Special Report by the Monopolies Commission pursuant to Section 44(1)(4) ARC, 27 October 2015
- Monopolies Commission considers as necessary a further alignment of the German competition penalty system to the EU rules.
- Monopolies Commission recommends to supplement the current penalty system by a criminal sanction for serious cartel infringements, and a criminally enforced legal requirement for the preservation of capital.
Energy 2015: A competitive market design for the Energiewende
Special Report pursuant to Sec. 62 of the Law on the Energy Industry, Bonn, 6 October 2015
- Monopolies Commission sees significant risks in the concept of an „Electricity Market 2.0", which can have repercussions on market prices and the capacity level.
- Monopolies Commission recommends various measures to reduce the necessity of grid extension.